Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
Give each child one triangle of crescent rolls.
Explain that he crescent roll represents the cloth that Jesus was wrapped in.
Read Matthew 27: 57-61
- 1. Give each child a marshmallow.
- This represents Jesus.
- 2. Have him/her dip the marshmallow in melted butter.
- This represents the oils of embalming.
- 3. Now dip the buttered marshmallow in the cinnamon and sugar.
- This represents the spices used to anoint the body.
- 4. Then wrap up the coated marshmallow tightly in the crescent roll (not like a typical crescent roll up, but bring the sides up and seal the marshmallow inside.)
- This represents the wrapping of Jesus' body after death.
- 5. Place all in a 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes.
- The oven represents the tomb--while you are waiting for the rolls to bake, read Matthew 27:62-66.
- 6. Remove rolls from oven and let them cool slightly.
- Now the children can then open their rolls (cloths) and discover that Jesus is no longer there! HE IS RISEN!!!!
- (The marshmallow melts and the crescent roll is puffed up, but empty.)
- Now read Matthew 28:1-10
- Enjoy your warm rolls as you rejoice at the good news of Easter!
- And then go and tell someone else the good news today!