- THE GIFT OF LISTENING...
- But you must REALLY listen.
No interrupting, no daydreaming,
no planning your response.
- THE GIFT OF AFFECTION...
- Be generous with appropriate hugs,
kisses, pats on the back, and handholds.
Let these small actions demonstrate the
love you have for family and friends.
- THE GIFT OF LAUGHTER...
- Clip cartoons.
Share articles and funny stories.
Your gift will say, "I love to laugh with you."
- THE GIFT OF A WRITTEN NOTE...
- It can be a simple
"Thanks for the help" note or a full sonnet.
A brief, handwritten note may be remembered
for a lifetime, and may even change a life.
- THE GIFT OF A COMPLIMENT...
- A simple and sincere,
"You look great in red," "You did a super job,"
or "That was a wonderful meal"
can make someone's day.
- THE GIFT OF A FAVOR...
- Every day, go out of your way
to do something kind.
- THE GIFT OF SOLITUDE...
- There are times when we want nothing better
than to be left alone.
Be sensitive to those times and give
the gift of solitude to others.
- THE GIFT OF A CHEERFUL DISPOSITION...
- The easiest way to feel good is
to extend a kind word to someone.
Really, it's not that hard to say,
"Hello" or "Thank You".
Do not neglect the gift that is in you."
1 Timothy 4:14
SGLY Ministry © 2000