Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Colossians 3:12 (NIV)
Today’s Action and Prayer:
Dear God, You are so full of kindness and I want to be reflecting You in my life, so as I seek to be spiritually healthy, I want to clothe myself in kindness, which is a fruit of Your Holy Spirit. As one of Your chosen people, I know I need to be bearing this fruit daily in my life if I am to be spiritually healthy, so, please show me how I can show forth this fruit today and reflect You to the world.
Resolve to be kind to someone today, for no other reason than to just be fruitful and put on kindness.
- Kindness is: friendly or generous behavior, being helpful to others, acting considerate or humane.
- Kindness is always cordial; courteous, pleasant; and agreeable.
- Kindness is very beneficial to our spiritual health as well as to others. So let’s think of ways we can exhibit kindness to those around us today.
- Sympathize: [try to understand others problems]
- Show Favor: [let someone go ahead of you in line]
- Be Agreeable: [smile at someone]
- Be Pleasant: [wave or say hi to someone]
These are just a few simple actions of kindness that can be done to keep ourselves spiritually healthy and reflect God’s love to the world.
©SGLY Ministry www.smilegodlovesyou.org