…strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy; Colossians 1:11 NKJV
Longsuffering with joy…now that is an accomplishment!
For that I would need to be spiritually healthy!
I would need to be strengthened with God’s might by His power, in order to be joyful during times of endurance.
Often, God has us go through things as a witness to others.
If we are spiritually healthy we will be able to show forth His power and might to an unsaved world as we are longsuffering with joy or patiently enduring in times of trial.
Our spiritual health will also encourage our brothers and sisters in Christ as they watch us exhibit longsuffering with joy.
- So, today let’s check our level of longsuffering.
Are you able to bear trouble patiently for a long time? This is what longsuffering means.
- It means patient endurance during trials, sometimes trials that take much longer than we think they should.
- It means trusting the Lord when He seems to be silent.
- It means believing in His promises when nothing around you gives you a reason to.
- It means having faith in things unseen as you go forth each day without mumbling or complaining, just standing firm and waiting on the Lord, bearing up and trusting Him to move in His time.
- It means staying positive and praying and praising Him, no matter what the circumstances are, being a joyful witness to those around you.
It may help to pray this scripture daily:
Dear Lord, I pray: “that in me first, Jesus Christ might show all longsuffering, as a pattern to those who are going to believe on Him for everlasting life.”
1 Timothy 1:16 NKJV
©SGLY Ministry www.smilegodlovesyou.org