So encourage each other and build each other up,… 1 Thessalonians 5:11 NLT
In today’s verse we see Paul telling the believers at Thessalonica that they should be building one another up in the faith.
The word used in this NLT translation is encourage, which is a translation from the root word: parakaleō. This root word has many different meanings some of which are: to admonish, exhort, entreat, console, strengthen, comfort, teach, and edify.
All of these meanings could apply to how we believers should be interacting with one another regarding the faith.
I want to be an encourager in the faith.
As I walk in your Spirit daily show me how I might encourage other believers in their faith.
I want to build others up in the faith through my actions and speech, so help me to know what to say and do in any given situation.
I want my daily behavior to model the scriptures found in 1 Thessalonians 5:12 thru 5:22.
Today’s Action: Encourage:
- Honor those who are your leaders in the Lord’s work
- Show great respect and wholehearted love
- Live peacefully with each other
- Warn those who are lazy
- Encourage those who are timid
- Take tender care of those who are weak
- Be patient with everyone
- See that no one pays back evil for evil, but always try to do good to each other and to all people
- Always be joyful
- Never stop praying
- Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus
- Do not stifle the Holy Spirit
- Do not scoff at prophecies
- Test everything that is said
- Hold on to what is good
- Stay away from every kind of evil
Based on 1 Thessalonians 5:12–5:22
©Smile God Loves You www.smilegodlovesyou.org