You can make many plans, but the LORD’s purpose will prevail. Proverbs 19:21 NLT
This New Year might have us thinking about making many new plans for our lives.
We all have our hopes and dreams and at the start of a new year we often want to put our plans into action. Planning is a good thing to do, however, God’s word tells us that:
“A man’s heart plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps.” Proverbs 16:9 NKJV
Therefore, when we plan, we should always seek God’s word and pray for the Spirit’s guidance, then we will be sure our plans coincide with God’s plans, and then we will see our plans succeed.
- I want this New Year to be my year of Power in You!
- I want to know You and live in Your Power! (Philippians 3:10)
- I want to plan according to Your will, so that my choices are wise, and my opportunities are of You, for these are evil days.(Ephesians 5:15,16)
Please show me how to do this daily Lord.
You said in Ephesians 2:10 that I am the work of Your hands, created in Christ Jesus to do Your good works.
Show me then, how to plan and live and redeem the time, according to the purpose You have created me for, Lord.
I want Your plans to be my plans and I want Your Spirit directing my steps each day.
- Make a list of your plans.
- Pray over them and ask the Lord if they might be in accordance with His plans for you.
- Wait for His answer and let Him guide your steps.
I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:14
that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, Philippians 3:10
©SGLY Ministry www.smilegodlovesyou.org