But avoid foolish and ignorant disputes, knowing that they generate strife. And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient, in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth, and that they may come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him to do his will.
2 Timothy 2:23-26 NKJV
Our purpose as servants of the Lord is to be able to teach people about Him. We are to be patient, humble, gentle, not quarreling with them but teaching the truth.
Think about it…did quarreling ever accomplish anything?
Usually it just ends up in strife, causing bad feelings, disrupting the peace and bringing division.
Just for Today, let’s put off all quarreling in our lives.
Let’s focus on what scripture is telling us to do and determine not to quarrel with anyone.
Let’s do it so that we can to live in peace with everyone as it says in Romans 12:18
If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men.
- Just for Today, help me to keep from quarreling with those who oppose You and Your word.
- Just for Today, Dear Lord, may I be gentle with them so that I may have the opportunity to teach them about You.
- Just for Today may I be patient when people don’t want to listen.
- Just for Today may I show love when I correct a brother or sister in the Lord, and pray for them and with them instead of quarreling.
- Just For Today, help me to be humble when confronting those who may need to repent so that they see You and Your Light instead of me.
Thank You Lord. Amen.
©SGLY Ministry www.smilegodlovesyou.org