Just for Today I will put off all…OLD FEELINGS
You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.
Ephesians 4:22-24 (NIV)
…if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation, old things have passed away, behold, all things have become new. 2 Corinthians 5:17 (NKJV)
When we believed and received Christ in faith, a spiritual change took place within us. We were transferred from the kingdom of darkness to the kingdom of light (Col.1:13)
We became a new creation, set free from our former life to live a new life full of the riches of Christ.
Therefore, any old feelings that might tend to pop up in us now and then should be put off, for they are no longer a part of our new life in Christ, for …our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with and that we should no longer be slaves of sin, for he who has died has been freed from sin. Romans 6:6,7 (NKJV)
Just for Today then, let’s take an inventory of ourselves and put off any old feelings we might find, so that we can begin to really live our new life in Christ as God intends us to.
- Just for Today, Dear Lord, with Your help, I will lay aside any old feelings that may be keeping me from being free and new in You.
- Just for Today I will not listen to my old feelings that might cause me to sin.
- Just for Today I will tell my old feelings “No” when they tempt me to want things that I know I have been set free of.
- Just for Today I will believe I am a “new creation” in Christ and I will believe that the old has gone and the new has come.
- Just for Today, Lord, with Your help, I will put off those old feelings and enjoy being who I am in Christ!
©SGLY Ministry www.smilegodlovesyou.org