Overcome means to defeat.
We can defeat evil by doing good.
It sounds simple but as most of us know
it is often hard to put into practice.
However, we believers have the Holy Spirit within us, so we can be over-comers everyday!
because “He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.”1 John 4:4 (NKJV)
So,“…let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith.” Galatians 6:9-10 NKJV
Today let’s take our Spiritual Vitamin O and be Over-comers!
Let’s put into practice what the scriptures say:
- Overcome evil by doing good.
- Love your enemies
- If your enemy is hungry–feed him.
- If he is thirsty–give him a drink.
- Do good to those who curse you
- Do good to those who hate you
- Pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you.
- Do not grow weary, keep doing good.
- Trust the Lord. Pray for His strength.
OVERCOME the World
“For whatever is born of God overcomes the world.
And this is the victory that has overcome the world–our faith.”
1 John 5:4
OVERCOME the Flesh
“You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.” 1 John 4:4
OVERCOME the Devil
“And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony,…”
©SGLY Ministry www.smilegodlovesyou.org