A “One Anothering” Thought
- to refrain or abstain from
- to keep back; withhold
- to be patient or self-controlled, to endure
The NLT says:“Make allowance for each other’s faults”
Yes, we believers, all over the world, should be forbearing one another daily.
- We should be patient with one another and holding back any criticism we might have with one another.
- We should be refraining from gossip, abstaining from idle talk about one another.
- We should be enduring those who are less mature in the faith than we are.
- We should be keeping back any frustrations we might have with one another by praying for one another and loving one another.
ONE-ANOTHERING IN ACTION:
Today, let’s look for any opportunity we might have to forbear with one another.
If you are not sure of what you might need to do, ask the Lord to show you how He wants you to forbear with your brothers and sisters in Christ for He said:
You must make allowance for each others’ faults,and forgive anyone who offends you.
Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others. and, walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called, With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; Colossians 3:13 [NLT] and Ephesians 4:1,2 (KJV)
©SGLY Ministry www.smilegodlovesyou.org